Saturday, September 10, 2011

Almost there . . . .

Welcome to the Take me to Constantinople blog! First off, I want to thank all the thirty something funders who responded to my IndieGoGo fundraiser, who have made it possible for me to go to such a special place, to participate in a symposium, and continue my work as an independent art and ecology curator. It has been 14 years since I conceived of the idea of an art and nature center called ecoartspace, a "place" that has never been physically realized, although has developed into a much broader long term partnership with Amy Lipton in New York City, and has resulted in over 30 exhibitions nationally, over 100 programs, and an opportunity to work with literally hundreds of artists who are addressing environmental issues globally. 

I would also like to especially thank Elizabeth Monoian and Robert Ferry, founders of the Land Art Generator Initiative based out of Dubai, for inviting me to speak on the Public Art in the Sustainable City panel at ISEA on September 20th (my birthday) in Istanbul.

I will be flying out of Los Angeles on Monday afternoon, September 12th, arriving in London on Tuesday around Noon. My plan is to go into the city for the day, visit with artist Aleksandra Mir and attend a special reception at The Hayward Gallery, Southbank Centre, for the John Cage exhibition Everyday is a Good Day.

I'll be flying to Istanbul that evening, arriving very early on the 14th. So, you probably will not hear from me right away. I will go register for ISEA the first day, catch up on some sleep, and attend the Press Conference at 10am on Thursday the 15th for the 12th Istanbul Biennial!

Until then, Patricia


2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful taste of Istanbul. Any questions, you know how to reach me I hope.
    Bon Voyage,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! email me your email address at tricia@ecoartspace.org

    ReplyDelete